And finally, you can view your Pressimus profile by clicking on your profile image, and selecting your profile, and you can customize your Pressimus settings by selecting settings.
Watch quick explainer video
Finish
X

Request Invitation




Submit
Close
Submit
X

Acknowledgements

X
Published in Stream:
Ukraine Liveblog Day 152
Press by
The Interpreter
@Interpreter_Mag
Russian-to-English translation journal, with original analysis and commentary on Russia's foreign & domestic policy.
Interpreter_Mag
Proof That Buk Missiles Fled Back To Russia?
7 years
Rebel Tanks Headed Toward Crash Site, Fighting Heard Nearby
Explosion In Moscow District of Butovo

The New York Times reports:

Ukraine accused Russia and separatist rebels in the east of trying to cover-up their role by blocking recovery workers from the crash site, removing evidence and driving the missile launchers back to Russia just hours after the crash. At a news conference in Kiev, Vitaly Nayda, the head of counterintelligence for the Ukrainian State Security Service, displayed photographs that he said showed three of the Buk-M1 missile systems on the road to the Russian border. Two of the devices, which are missile launchers mounted on an armored vehicle, crossed the border into Russia at about 2 a.m. Friday, or less than 10 hours after the jet, Flight 17, was blown apart in midair, he said. The third weapon crossed at about 4 a.m.

Mr. Nayda said that the missile had been fired from the town of Snizhne, located in rebel-controlled territory, echoing American intelligence showing the missile coming from eastern Ukraine. Both the Ukrainians and the Americans said they believed that the separatist rebels would have needed help from Russia in order to fire the antiaircraft missiles.

Those claims are consistent with other evidence we've analyzed. We have geolocated several pictures and videos that appear to show the Buk weapons system in both Snezhnoye (Snizhne) and Torez and a video posted yesterday reportedly shows the Buk missile system, missing two missiles, in Krasnadon, en-route to Lugansk and reportedly on to Russia from there.

WA Today has more details, including the pictures from the press conference:

“We have proof [the attack] was planned and it was committed with the participation of the Russian Federation, representatives of the Russian Federation,” said Vitaly Nayda, Counter-Intelligence Chief at the Ukraine Security Service.

“All Russian media is lying, it’s cynical propaganda,” Mr Nayda said. “They are trying not to be responsible for this.

“But we have evidence. Obvious evidence.”

This picture reportedly shows the BUK-M1 in a rebel convoy headed back to Russia and was released by the Ukrainian Security Services (SBU):

1405782042608.jpg-620x349.jpg

And this is the screengrab taken by the AP of yesterday's video from Krasnadon, mentioned above and viewable here:

1405782042712.jpg-620x349.jpg