And finally, you can view your Pressimus profile by clicking on your profile image, and selecting your profile, and you can customize your Pressimus settings by selecting settings.
Watch quick explainer video
Finish
X

Request Invitation




Submit
Close
Submit
X

Acknowledgements

X
Published in Stream:
Day 928: September 2, 2016
Press by
The Interpreter
@Interpreter_Mag
Russian-to-English translation journal, with original analysis and commentary on Russia's foreign & domestic policy.
Interpreter_Mag
Both Sides Say Ceasefire Largely Holding, Although Ukraine Reports 11 'Provocations'
3 years
Prosecutor-General Reports On Investigation Into Failures During Disastrous Battle Of Ilovaisk

The Ukrainian military says that the ceasefire that came into effect yesterday has largely held so far.

Ivan Arefyev, a spokesman for the headquarters of the Ukrainian military operation in the east, referred to as an Anti-Terrorism Operation (ATO), told the 112 television channel that Russian-backed forces had not violated the ceasefire between midnight and 8:00 this morning.

However earlier today, the ATO Press Center reported that there had been 11 ceasefire violations yesterday.

According to the report, there were no attacks in the Lugansk region, but in the Donetsk area, Russian-backed forces opened fire with recoilless rifles near Troitskoye and Nevelskoye.

In Avdeyevka, one of the most dangerous areas of the front line, Ukrainian troops were fired on with automatic grenade launchers, heavy machine guns and small arms.

Small-arms fire was also reported near Verkhnetoretskoye, to the north; Maryinka, to the west of Donetsk; Granitnoye, to the east of Volnovakha; and Luganskoye, east of Gorlovka.

The military described these incidents as "provocations" and claimed that Ukrainian troops had not returned fire.

The pro-separatist Donetsk News Agency says that local administrations in front-line separatist-held areas of the Donetsk region reported no attacks by Ukrainian forces last night.

Similarly, the "People's Police" of the self-declared Lugansk People's Republic (LNR) reported no fighting over the last 24 hours. 

But the self-declared Donetsk People's Republic (DNR) claimed that a civilian man was wounded in the village of Aleksandrovka, near the front line with Ukrainian-held Maryinka, at 17:35 last night by a sniper.

Meanwhile Colonel Andriy Lysenko, military spokesman for the Ukrainian Presidential Administration announced today that one Ukrainian soldier had been wounded by an explosive device in Stanitsa Luganskaya, northeast of the separatist-held regional capital.

-- Pierre Vaux